Thursday 19 July 2012

Canoeing from Leeds to Liverpool for the dswestpennine Charity on the 1/9/2012

Following the recent Olympic torch event at The Trafford Centre, I came across a fantastic charity based in Manchester, in need of monies and profile raising. This charity is dswestpennine charity.
So, I planned to do this challenge a few years ago but with one thing and another it didn't happen and as I would really like to conquer this challenge, it's game on !!
I have nearly secured a canoe today from Liverpool Canoe Club and am now looking for possible sponsors
The canal is 127miles long with 91 locks.. The canoe will have to be lifted out at each lock and sleeping will be in the nearest field or in the canoe ;)
I am looking for ways of raising monies as the charity doesn't use Just Giving, please contact me if you have any ideas, as £500 would be great to raise for this charity...

No comments:

Post a Comment