Thursday, 21 August 2014

Frustrated but excited

Well, I never thought for one minute I would be doing the Pyrenees challenge before the kayaking.

The safety boat company have said that the seas are too rough to attempt the kayak challenge this week therefore, I will be setting off on Saturday morning for the Pyrenees. I am excited, apprehensive and a little worried if the truth be known.

I do not know what to expect really but I am sure it will be a fantastic experience and will hopefully raise some awareness for Crohn's and Colitis along the way.

I would like to thank everyone who has donated so far and I promise I will get across that bloody English Channel as soon as I can.

   

Friday, 15 August 2014

weather

Well, a week tomorrow I set off for the Pyrenees so the weather has to be kind to me and give me one day next week when I can attempt the kayak challenge.

I am back in the gym but I have not been in a kayak for over weeks, my car is still in France broken down, so I cannot get the kayak to the water..

Its all becoming a challenge in so many ways..




Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Ready and waiting

I have just returned from a great week in France with the family on holiday and now I am rearing to get the challenge completed.

As soon as the weather is good I am off to France (hopefully) by kayaking and not via ferry. It is becoming frustrating as I got myself in condition two weeks ago and now I feel I have to train again as I have not trained for three weeks.

The first thing I did on return from holiday was to check the weather and its not looking too good for the following week, but on a positive note, this gives me chance to get back into training again..

The waiting game continues..

Thursday, 24 July 2014

Press release !!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/crohns-sufferer-set-row-across-7497028

I forget how frustrating sea challenges are !!

Unfortunately the safety boat company could not allow the challenge to go ahead this week due to the sea state being too rough for the crossing, the next available booking for the challenge is week commencing the 11th August for two weeks.

I am disappointed, but I appreciate that its a dangerous stretch of water and safety must come first.

Back to the gym for a couple of weeks.

Thank you so much for all your donation x

Monday, 21 July 2014

Waiting

Wednesday has been ruled out, it looks like later in the week

Sunday, 20 July 2014

The waiting game

Well, here I am all packed and just waiting on the call to go.

The weathers a little up and down, at the moment it's looking like it's going to be Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.