Friday, 30 September 2011

Change of plan

The weather window has closed now and fog is forecast for Isle of Man, so taking into account the way Im feeling and the fact that I'm knackered, I think its wise not to try any epic ending and play it safe.
So hopefully a run down to Portpatrick or Bangor tomorrow.
So I won't be getting to Liverpool this weekend :(

Thursday, 29 September 2011

Going for It !!

I am thinking of giving it ago for Liverpool in one go from Girvan, leaving on Saturday morning arriving in Liverpool at approx 1500 hrs Sunday....

Wednesday, 28 September 2011

What next !!

Haven't been feeling too good lately and sores have appeared on my right leg, which are quite painful. So I decided to go to the doctors in Girvan only to find out I've got Shingles and the combination of Crohn's and shingles causes low blood count, which expains a few ailments :(((
Got to go back on Friday to get results from blood tests.
I hope this doesn't affect the challenge as I am so close to home.... Doh

28th September

Sun shining, not a cloud in the sky with 40mph winds :(

Hopefully leaving for Portpatrick on Saturday, providing the winds calm down, the forecast is giving F4 on Saturday with heavy rain and mist... Typical !!!

Beggers can't be choosers !!

Everyone seems to be getting their boats lifted out in Girvan for the winter, is this telling me something.

Monday, 26 September 2011

Girvan ;)

Finally got to Girvan at 2100hrs after a very eventful crossing.
The weather forecast didnt get it quite right and it decided to blow up F6-7 causing a very uncomfortable sea state.
Had to call the life boat out for another boat and stay with the other boat until they arrived.
Getting into Girvan in the pitch black was the scariest time so far, I just had to go for it and pray I got it right as its not the easiest entrance given the conditions.
I was so relieved to get in, I hugged the RNLI coxswain man, he must have thought I was crazy.
So glad have of made progress, however forecast is awful until Sunday :(

Troon 2 Cowdenbeath 4

Went to watch the Troon girls take on Cowdenbeath, fantatstic game in awful conditions.

Sunday, 25 September 2011

Red sky at night, sailors delight


Going to try again tomorrow afternoon, for a sail into the early night to Girvan.