Monday 14 April 2014

Training started - Kayaking the English Channel

Kayak bought, training begins.

Back in the gym and trying to fit the miles in on the kayak. Been training on the River Dee, longest session has been for 2 hours covering 8 miles on flat calm waters. Sore hand and shoulders.

Attempted to Kayak from Conway to Llandudno this weekend for my first time on the sea, but after 1 hour of being bashed by the waves in a force 4 - 5 , they got the better of me and over I went.

Luckily there was a man on the beach who saw me go over and very kindly phoned the coast guard to my embarrassment. Not the best start to my sea kayaking adventures.

On reflection I need proper training if I am going to complete this challenge. So I am in the local swimming pool tonight to learn how to roll.

Roll on the comforts of a swimming pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment